Monday 26 August 2013

Gluten Free Flour Mix

When I first started cooking wheat free, I just bought gluten free flour from the supermarket and off I went.  However, the results of my baking weren't great and the "aftertaste" was unpleasant - a bit of a baking powder or baking soda type aftertaste.
I have tried a few different blends, including one by Quirky Cooking (http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/gluten-free-gingerbread-men.html)

But my favourite is this:-

It is:

250g rice flour (I grind my own, using brown rice)
250g Tapioca flour (or Arrowroot)
250g cornflour
2 tsp potato flour
1.5 tsp xanthum gum

This is for plain flour.  For self raising flour, just add 1teaspoon of baking powder per 130g of plain flour mix.

I get great results from this gluten free flour mix. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment